Physical Therapy Journey
- Bachelors in Physical Therapy, The Ohio State University, 1990
- Master of Science in Orthopaedic Physical therapy, University of Miami, 1994
- PhD in Education, Ohio University, 1999
- Board Certified Specialist in Orthopaedic Physical Therapy, 2005, Recertified 2015
- Certified Hatha Yoga Teacher, 2010
- I spent most of my time in Outpatient Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine clinics with a special interest in treating people with chronic pain. I particularly LOVE treating and empowering people that have back pain to care for themselves with yoga.
- While my kids were little, I did home health care working with elderly adults. Many people thing that the immobility or loss of strength that comes with age is natural and they will "just have to live with it". This is just not true and we can age strong and fearless.
- My practice builds on this experience and resides within yoga studios and recreation centers. I am excited to also now offer services via telehealth.
Teaching and Research:
- I spent 20 years teaching in Physical Therapy. I taught functional anatomy, therapeutic exercise, orthopaedic examination and treatment, clinical reasoning, research, and interpretation of imaging (X-ray and MRI) for students working toward a Doctorate in Physical Therapy.
- I also teach Continuing Education courses for practicing PT's on "Core Stability" and integrating yoga into practice. More recently I teach functional anatomy courses for yoga teachers.
- My research is focused on the outcomes and utilization of PT care for people with orthopaedic/musculoskeletal conditions. My major publication is in PT Journal.